ADMISSION INTO SCHOOL OF HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT FOR 2015/2016 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the school of Health Information Management, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi, Anambra State for the 2015/2016 academic session. The programme is in two parts. Part I and Part II leading to the award of the National and Higher National Diploma of the Health Records Officers Registration Board of Nigeria respectively.
PART I PROGRAMME (ND)
- Prospective 2015 UTME Candidates with a minimum score of 160.
- In addition to (a) above, candidates must possess a minimum of 5 credit passes in the relevant subjects, at not more than two (2) sitting at the SSCE, WASC or their equivalent. The subjects must include;
- English Language
- Biology or Health science
- Physics/ Chemistry and
- Any other subject. Chosen from
Nigerian Language etc
PART II PROGRAMME (HND)
In addition to the specific entry requirements for the ND programme for health information management, the candidate for the HND programme must meet the following entry requirements for the HND programme.
- National Diploma Certificate in Health Information Management with a minimum of a lower credit.
- Professional Diploma/ Technician Certificate in Health Information Management by HRORBN.
- Evidence of completion of one relevant work experience in an accredited health institution approved by the Board.
- Candidates with a pass (gap2.00-2.49) at the ND level with two (2) or more years post-ND cognate work experience may be considered for admission into HND program.
Any student admitted to any part of the programme for the first time for either the ND or HND will be required to matriculate at a formal ceremony and sign the register of matriculating students.
CONDITIONS FOR ADMISSION
Selection of candidates for the part 1 and part 11 programme will be based on the ability to pass the competitive selection entrance examinations and admission interview.
Part I, candidates shall answer questions in;
Use of English
Biology or Health Science
Questions will be based on the SSCE/GCE/NECO Syllabus. Candidates for the part II (HND) programme shall answer professional questions on the ND scheme.
The course is residential and compulsory for all students.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Request for application forms, should be sent with two self addressed and stamped envelopes to the Chief Medical Director, Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi and marked ‘’ attention of the Course-coordinator, School of Health Information Management’’ with a non refundable application fee of N5,000 (five thousand naira only) in certified Bank Draft payable to Nnamdi Azikiwe University Teaching Hospital, Nnewi.
- Candidates can also pay with certified Bank Draft or cash at the revenue collection center and duly receipted to collect the admission form.
- The closing date for the sale and submission of the part 1 and part 11 programme forms is on Monday 24th August 2015.
- Application duly completed must be returned to the coordinator on or before closing date.
- The date for the entrance and oral interview is scheduled for Wednesday 9th – Friday 11th September, 2015.
- Prospective candidates should come along with the ORIGINAL COPIES of their certificates for the interview.
PROF. A.O IGWEGBE MBBS, FWACS, FICS, FISS
Chief Medical Director