Dtn (Mrs.) Mary Jane Umeh, R.D; NRD
Dtn (Mrs.) Mary Jane Umeh, R.D; NRD. was born on 22nd August 1957. After her Primary School at St. Cyprain’s Primary School, Umuihi, Abia State, she went to Girls’ Secondary School, Ozubulu, Ekwusigo L.G.A. Anambra State where she obtained her West African School Certificate (WAEC). In 1983, she enrolled into The University of Texas Health Science Center in Houston, Texas, U.S.A, where she obtained a B.Sc. Nutrition and Dietetics. Thereafter she stayed on in Texas and went to Texas Woman’s University, Houston where she got a M. Sc. Clinical Nutrition in 1987.
She is the current Assistant Director, Dietetics and specializes in Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics (Diabetes, Cardiovascular, Renal,
Pediatrics, Geriatrics Nutrition, and Oncology).
- Registered Member, American Dietetic Association (ADA), 1985.
- Registered Member, Nigerian Dietetic Association (NDA), 1989 – 2008.
- Registered Member, Dietitians’ Association of Nigeria (DAN), A Member of International Confederation of Dietitians(ICDA), 2009 – Present.
- Member, Nutrition Society of Nigeria
- Member, Diabetes Association of Nigeria
- Member, Nigerian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism, NAUTH Chapter.