MOTTO: CARING WITH PASSION
VISION STATEMENT: “changing the practice of nursing profession in our hospital to be holistically patient centered through friendly, highly dedicated and evidence based nursing care in line with the corporate vision and mission statements of our institution”
MISSION STATEMENT: “to deliver timely and efficient nursing care to all the patients using highly dedicated, adequately motivated and passionately caring nurses in our hospital.
Nurses that render services in NAUTH, Nnewi are trained and registered with Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria, which is the regulatory body for Nursing Practice with headquarters at Abuja.
We give holistic, scientific, qualitative, timely, individualized and systematic care to our numerous client/patients. Hence our Motto: CARING WITH PASSION while upholding NAUTH Motto: EXCELLENCE IN THE HEALTH CARE DELIVERY.
We specialize in different health disciplines as follows
Accident and Emergency Nursing
Intensive care Nursing
ENT Nursing and
Public Health Nursing etc.
NURSING SERVICES ORGANOGRAM
Academically, we have graduates, in Nursing and post graduate in different disciplines and allied courses. We equally have an education unit (Continuing Education Unit) that is fortified for academic pursuits. We attend and organize workshop and seminars.
Presently the department is headed by Lady Ada Onyeyili. MPH, BSc (Hosp. and Health Servs, Admin and Health Planning) HND Public Health/CHO, RM.
Nurses care for patients who are suffering from acute and long-term illnesses and diseases
- They support recovery from illness, using care plans and carry out care procedures of the patient.
- They work to promote health, prevent diseases, and help patients cope with illness.
- They also serve as advocate and health educators for patients, families and communications.
- When providing direct care, they observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress, assist physicians during treatments and examinations, administer medications and assist in convalesces and rehabilitation.
- Nurses also develop and manage nursing care plans, instruct patients and their families in proper care and help individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain their health.
- Involve in research and use evidence based Nursing care.
Our functions include but not limited to these
- Writing patient care plan
- Implementing plans through tasks such as preparing patient for operation, wound treatment and monitoring pulse, BP and temperature.
- Observing and recording the condition of patients.
- Checking and ensuring proper administration of drugs and injections.
- Monitor drips and blood transfusion that have been set up.
- Assist to ensure that tests and evaluation are done.
- Ensuring that routine investigations are carried out.
- Responding quickly to emergencies.
- Planning discharges from hospital and liaising with other hospital workers.
- Communicating with and relieving the anxiety of patients about their health which is the bedrock of preventive care.
- Organizing staff and prioritizing busy workloads.
- Teaching and Mentoring students and junior nurses.
- Maintaining patients records.
- Giving of immunization.
- Family planning care provider.
- Supervision of the cleaners/caretakers.
OTHER CATEGORIES IN THE DEPARTMENT ARE
Health extension workers
They all contribute in rendering care to our Clients/Patients. The extension Health Workers work in our primary health care centres in NAUTH Annexes.
GALLERY: see pictures
CONTACT US: email@example.com
FOLLOW US ON: twitter: nauthnursesFacebook: Nauth Nurses