The department is known to be as old as the hospital. Mr . Anumonye Charles headed the Department from 1991 – June 2011. The department is currently headed by Mr. Okere Justin Kemdirim who became the head of department from June 2011 till date.
PROVISION OF TIMELY ACCESSIBLE AND AFFORDABLE PATIENT CARE INFORMATION SUPPORT SERVICES FOR EFFECTIVE PATIENT CARE, EDUCATION, RESEARCH AND IN CONFORMITY WITH RELATED DEPARTMENTS PROVIDE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR INFORMED MANAGEMENT DECISION.
ü PROVISION OF CORE PROFFESSIONAL TEAM FOR THE NEEDED HEALTH
INFORMATION ON LOCAL STATE AND NATIONAL LEVEL.
ü PROVISION OF BASIC INFORMATION FOR THE NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE SCHEME.
ü PROVISION OF DIGITALISED INFORMATION FOR PATIENT CARE SERVICES,
EDUCATION AND RESEARCH.
ü PROVISION OF LINKED PATIENT CARE INFORMATION LOCALY, NATIONALY
ü EFFECTIVE SENTINAL SURVELLANCE AND APPROPRIATE DISEASE REPORTING SYSTEM.
- Ø BETTER PATIENT CARE AND PATIENT SATISFICATION FROM SERVICES RENDERED.
- Ø INFORMED MANAGEMENT DECISSION
HOURS OF DUTY
v TWENTY FOUR HOURS. SEVEN DAYS A WEEK.
- PATIENT CARE INFORMATION SUPPORT SERVICES
- NEW REGISTRATION FOR CONSULTANT CLINIC FOR ADULT #800 PER PATIENT (FOLDER FEE)
- NEW REGISTRATION FOR CHILDREN, CLINIC PAEDIATRICS #400 PER PATIENT (FOLDER FEE)
- NEW REGISTRATION FOR THE GOPD #400 PER PATIENT (CARD FEE)
- NEW REGISTRATION FOR THE ACCIDENT AND EMERGENCY #550 BOTH ADULT AND CHILDREN
DURATION OF STAY PER PATIENT
- ONE MINUTE PER PATIENT (AVERAGELY)
- BLOCK APPIONTMENT
LIST OF CUSTOMERS
ü EMERGENCY PATIENT
v PATIENT CENTERED AND SATISFACTION IN SERVICE PROVIDED
- Ø REDUCED CUSTOMER WAITING TIME DURING DOCUMENTATION
- Ø CHEERFUL AND PLEASANT STAFF
- SUPPLY OF NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR PROPER DOCUMENTATION.
- PAYMENT OF NECESSARY FEES
CUSTOMER GRIEVIANCE REDRESS MECHANISM.
- AGGRIEVED CUSTOMERS SHOULD CONTACT THE HOD ON 08038658646.
- MORE COMFORTABLE CUSTOMER WAITING AREA
- IMPROVED WORKING TOOLS
- OFFICE SPACE
1.Provision of timely information on births, death, marriage and divorces i.e. (effective vital/demographic events registration)
2.Provision of accurate and timely information on major disease and incidences of other health indicators including effective sentinel surveillance.
3.Provision of effective information of immunization against the major infection diseases.
4.Provision of effective information for prevention and control of locally endemic and epidemic disease.
5.Provision of information facilitate the provision of treatment of common diseases and injuries.
6.Provision of effective information or treatment of the mentally sick.
7.Provision of good quality information for oral health management.
8.Provision of quality information on hospital bed utilization to reflect over or under utilization of facilities and staff.
9.Provision of patient care information for the provision of best possible patient care services, education and research and for such other administrative function as planning, directing, controlling , staffing e.t.c.
10.Provision of adequately trained and qualified health Records officer.