DEPARTMENTAL MISSION STATEMENT:
The Department of Nutrition and Dietetics was created out of the existing Department of Catering and Food Services of NAUTH on February 1st, 2002 with the mission, to provide specialized quality nutrition and dietetic services to all patients/clients, staff, various population groups, and to train dietetic interns.
LIST OF DIETITIANS:
- Dtn. Umeh, Mary Jane , R.D; NRD (HOD).
- “ Obi, Ebele M.
- “ Chukwuneke , Uche B.
- “ Umeugo, Jane O.
- “ Chukwuzubelu, Nkechi C.
- “ Ezeji, Jamesine C.
- “ Okoye, Christiana N.
- “ Eze, Ifeoma J.
- “ Akwuobi, Queendalyn I.
- “ Eme-Okafor, Ezinwa P.
- “ Onyiriuka, Simeon O.
- “ Okigwe, Annaestecia C.
OTHER MEMBERS OF STAFF:
- Enemuo, Augustina A. –Departmental Secretary
- Ilo, Josephine E. – Catering Assistant
- Nwankwo Nkechi D. – Clerical Officer
- Ojukwu, Christiana C. “
- Ogabido, Sabina C. “
- Okpa, Uju H. “
UNITS/ NUTRITION CLINICS
- Dietetic Unit, Guinness Eye Center Onitsha (Covers Guinness Eye Center Onitsha and NAUTH Out –Station, Ukpo)
NUTRITION CLINICS/ WARDS :-
- General Out Patient Nutrition Clinic
- Medical/Surgical Out Patient Nutrition Clinic
- Anti-Natal Clinic
- Children Out Patient and Children Emergency
- Adults’ Retroviral Disease clinic
- Pediatrics’ Retroviral Disease clinic
- Male Medical Wards
- Female Medical Wards
- Pediatrics’ Wards
- Male Surgical Wards
- Female Surgical Wards
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Ward
- Intensive Care Unit
- Clinics/ Ward in Out- Station
SERVICES/ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- To provide specialized nutritional care to all in-patients
- To provide specialized nutritional assessment, dietary counseling and follow up to all referred patients/clients
- To develop modified medical nutritional therapies
- To evaluate diet for nutritional adequacy
- To develop nutrition education materials
- To attend dietitians’ ward rounds and grand ward rounds
- To give nutrition lectures on diet related diseases to medical students and other members of the health care team as requested
- To give nutrition education lectures/ health talks to members of the community on nutrition related diseases and normal nutrition
- To train Dietetic Interns and Students on Industrial Work Experience Scheme
- To carry out research on nutrition related diseases
HOURS OF DUTY:-
|MONDAY – FRIDAY MORNING.MONDAY- FRIDAY||8.00am-4.00p.m.||OUT-PATIENT NUTRITION CLINICS|
|MONDAY – FRIDAY||10:30am – 11:30am||DIETITIANS/GRAND WARD ROUND|
|MONDAY –SUNDAY MORNING & AFTERNOON DUTY||8:00am – 6:30 pm||IN-PATIENT DIETETIC SERVICES|
EXPECTATIONS FROM CUSTOMERS:
- Customers/ Clients should please bring the attention of the head of department to whatever problem (s) you might encounter with regards to service(s) of the department.
- Contact Name: Dtn (Mrs.) Umeh, Mary Jane R.D; NRD. (Asst.Director,Dietetics/HOD)
Phone Number: 08034755921